Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Saturdays are for Baking..Part 2

















When I started baking, I always used box. However, I have transitioned into making all my cakes, cookies, cupcakes, pies (even pie crusts), breads, etc from scratch. BUT, when I heard that a local wholesale company was selling cake mixes at 70% off (Near date expiration, like 60 days from now) I bought several cases. I knew that I would bake all of those in about two weeks time, so I went and bought them. I was pretty glad I did, because not only did I bring a ton of sweets to the many parties this weekend, I also gave every neighbor on the block a tray of goodies... and did not brake the bank!!!






















































My daughter, Kiki








My niece, Akari

















The girls made the cookies, and I made the rest...
We had a great time...

No comments: