Thursday, August 28, 2008


Okay, so we are all suffering! Everyone has questions, everyone is frustrated, everyone is pissed!! It is bad, it is terrible! Having to load up buckets of water just so that you have water to shower with should the power go out. Now, as soon as I get home from work, I rush to cook, clean, and make sure the kids have taken a bath.... throw in a load of clothes in the laundry, etc...
Last night, my son was using the internet at a online tutorial site about the human skeleton! Then, the power goes off...... shwip, shwap, no internet again! I started realizing that this power situation is really costing the CNMI Government and our society. Think about it, school is delayed just so that PSS can save money on power! WTF? I understand the rational and the need, and I understand the reasoning and logic for the decision, but I mean, has it come to that bad of a situation? Sacrificing our children's education to save money. Can't we teach like the good old says, without the a/c ? I mean, as long as there is a generator to run the water pumps so that the school will have a sanitary and flushing toilets for the kids! How about if PSS lobbies harder to private entities for donations in return the entities get tax credits! How about if those funds are entered to help pay for the power system?
I mean the school my kids attend sent students home at 1:30pm yesterday, after a 4 hour power outage...............................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: