Monday, September 15, 2008

Uncle Leo's Novena

Many years ago (I can't remember, but perhaps 15 years ago) my uncle Leo and his friend went out fishing in a small boston whaler. They did not come back, when they were scheduled. A massive search and rescue effort occured (thanks to the former Governor/Late Larry I. Guerrero). Private citizens also joined the search, including my father and my brother. Three days later, on the date they were supposed to call off the search, they were found!
Meanwhile, while folks were searching, my family started a powerful novena, nino prague. For nine hours straight, we prayed the novena (thanks to my uncle Jesse, who is now a priest) we prayed, and prayed, and prayed. After the last hour of the novena, my uncle and his friend WERE FOUND! call it a miracle, but it is our miracle...
Anyway, years later, my uncle and his wife still honor this novena and continue to pray the novena every year. Ofcourse, the best part of every Novena is the "~finak-pu~" aka party time!
PARTY TIME...
CHOW TIME...
FAMILY TIME...


Auntie Ling and Tilde...
Kumpaire' Rio and my hubby... Uncle Leo and my hubby...
Primo Jun and my hubby...
Myself, Kalani, and Kiki...

My cousin Victoria, and my sister in law, Evelyn
Me'Mong and my cousin Kalani's boyfriend Mark
As always, me and my hubby....
My son and my daughter with my cousin's baby!
OMG, my kids grab hold of any baby they can! We love babies~!
My cousin Derek and my hubby..

Okay, so my auntie Velma called Representative Tina Sablan and asked her to invite Ed Propst to the party. My cousin Kalani (Auntie Velma's daughter) has been writing letters to the editor about Rep. Sablan. So, my auntie wanted Rep. Sablan and Ed Propst to come to the party so they can meet Kalani. GUess what, they did!

Rep. Sablan and Ed also asked my daughter (Kiki) to speak on the upcoming protest against CUC (Sept 17, Fishing Base). Kiki wrote a letter to the editor two weeks ago about power outages!

2 comments:

Marianas Pride said...

Hi Marianne,

I received the pics. Thanks for sending them to me!

The party was awesome! Thank you to you and your wonderful family for inviting us. It was so nice to meet everyone. And Kiki is so smart and adorable! Same nickname as my daughter too. ;)

Take care and we'll see you on Wednesday!

Para i familiaku said...

Thanks Ed, for being the voice!